Monday, August 27, 2007

Basic Facts

My house is in the most Eastern part of Singapore. It is at a historical part of Singapore. It was once by the beach but the wonders of reclamation has changed the sea into an airport runway.

The house was built in 1960s. I am the third owner. I got it in late 2004 and moved in July 2005. It was my labour of love. I took about 8 months to do up the house and I did only the basic. In order not to take any renovation loan (the interest rates for this kind of loan were horribly high), I did the renovation little by little, making sure that the major jobs were timed so I could pay with the extra money I got from my bonus.

It is a one storey semi-detach house with an L-shaped garden. I have a little herb garden, plants from my kampung days. I am still hoping to plant olive, fig and date... they are more difficult to come by but I am in no hurry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home